A hydration and nutritional supplement for pigs of all ages.
Nextein APF™ (Animal Protein Free) is a Nutrient Dense Liquid™ that contains energy, electrolytes, and functional proteins to provide young pigs support when they need it most. This product has been formulated for optimal osmolarity for each application use allowing the essential nutrients contained in Nextein APF to be more easily absorbed and quickly utilized.
When to Use
- At weaning
- During off feed events
- Transported pigs
- During times of dehydration
There are three key components for getting baby pigs off to a fast start and we refer to these as our 3E platform – consisting of Environment, Enrichment and Encouragement.
Nextein APF is an easy to use, stock solution that provides pigs functional proteins and electrolytes during challenging events such as weaning, transport, and more.
- Biologically active (functional) proteins derived from an APF source
- Can be used in multiple applications to reduce number of products needed on farm
- Formulated specifically for gut integrity issues of stressed pigs
- Superior water transport compared to dry powder supplements
- Highly palatable – can be used in proportioners and in gruel applications
- Ready to use Nutrient Dense Liquid stock solution. No diluting necessary for proportioners.
Directions For Use
Pigs in Farrowing Crate: Mix 5 ounces (2/3 cup) per gallon of waterDay 2-8
Post Farrowing: Feed 2 cups of this solution per litter once a day in a pan or bowl.
Water: Provide Nextein APF at the rate of 1 ounce of product per 1 gallon of drinking water using a 1:128 proportioner for 2 days after weaning.
Gruel: Mix 5 ounces (2/3 cup) of Nextein APF per gallon of water. Pour this solution onto feed in trough or pan to create a gruel mixture with consistency of pancake batter. Provide gruel mixture at the rate of 1 gallon per 25 pigs. Adjust gruel amount as needed so all is consumed in 30 minutes.