Baby Pig Restart® is a gruel or top-dress powder supplement for feed intake of young pigs.
Baby Pig Restart is also available in an Animal Protein Free formula, Baby Pig Restart APF.
When to Use:
• Top-dress on starters to entice young pigs to consume dry feed after weaning
• Add to gruel to provide added energy and nutrients to reduce fall behinds when pigs are weaned
• Use it on farrowing crate mats to provide challenged litters with critical nutrients to help prevent starve-outs or stunting
Baby Pig Restart is fortified with vitamins, electrolytes, enzymes and microbial cultures.
- Highly palatable and aromatic: attracts pigs to feed allowing quicker weaning transition
- Acidified to help promote optimum digestion
- Can be top-dressed, mixed in drinking water or drenched
- Offered in an animal protein free formula which does not contain animal proteins
- Original Baby Pig Restart, contains bovine blood plasma and protein; whey and animal energy sources
Directions For Use
Mix one part of Baby Pig Restart with two parts of water and stir well to make a suspension. Slowly feed 0.5 oz (15 ml) of the suspension on the back of the tongue to severely stunted or starved 1-5 day-old piglets. Repeat as needed, typically feed 1 oz (30 ml) of suspension, with a maximum of 2 oz (60 ml) of suspension/pig/day.
Apply Baby Pig Restart APF as an attractant to get pigs on feed.
Top dress 1/3 ounce per pig on the starter ration in the feeder trough twice per day for 2 days. Targeted feeding rate of no more than 1 ounce/pig/day.
Liquid Feeding (Gruel):
Post weaning: Mix 1 part Baby Pig Restart APF with 2 parts of water to create a gruel solution. Feed 1/2 gallon of gruel per 20 pigs, three times per day for 2 days. Add starter feed to gruel solution starting with small amount the first feeding and gradually increase each feeding.
Weight to Volume Conversion: 1/2 ounce by weight of Baby Pig Restart APF = 1 fluid ounce by volume.