Mo’Milk® is a natural psyllium laxative to help prevent constipation in sows and gilts at farrowing time.
Mo’Milk® is a palatable, laxative that utilizes the natural laxative action of psyllium to produce a softer stool and help reduce constipation. By using Mo’Milk, it can support feed intake, digestion, and feed utilization – all of which are essential to help a sow or gilt to achieve maximum milk production. For over 30 years, producers have found that by adding Mo’Milk to farrowing-lactation rations, they are able to offer support to sows and gilts to maintain feed intake.
Mo’Milk is available as a feed mix or top-dress.
When to Use:
- For sows and gilts to help naturally soften stool
- To support feed intake due to impaired digestion
- Use in the gestating-farrowing-lactation ration until pigs are weaned
- After farrowing, feed for three or four days, or for as long as signs of constipation exist
Mo’Milk is highly palatable and can be added in the feed mixer or sprinkled on top of feed for your convenience.
- Provides gentle stool softening, lubricating action when added to pre-farrowing and lactation rations
- Doesn’t have the harsh action of many chemical laxatives, which can often lead to dehydration
- Utilizes psyllium’s natural laxative properties to create a lubricating colloid action
- Highly palatable, readily consumed and can be batch mixed or sprinkled on top of feed
Directions For Use
Top dress 1 level scoopful (approximately 4 ounces) of Mo’Milk Top Dress on top of the gestation-farrowing ration or feed in the trough feed bowl.
Feed Mo’Milk Top Dress to all gilts and sows on the first feeding when gilts or sows are moved into the farrowing crates, pens, or stalls.
Continue to feed 2 to 3 feedings of Mo’Milk Top Dress to all gilts and sows after moving them into the farrowing crates, pens, or stalls.
To support feed intake in sows or gilts that are constipated, off feed or eating less than normal amount expected, mix Mo’Milk Top Dress with a quart of warm water or milk. Shake or stir well and mix suspension of Mo’Milk Top Dress into the feed and continue feeding Mo’Milk Top Dress for an additional 3 to 4 days.