Q: What causes joint pain in dogs?
A: For many dogs, especially medium and large sporting dog breeds, joint inflammation and arthritis are commonly encountered as a dog ages. As a dog grows older, the cartilage and synovial fluid that provides joint fluidity and comfort wears down, causing pain and inflammation in the joint. The pain that a dog feels combined with the reduction in range of motion as joint inflammation sets in can cause a formerly active dog to not be able to be active as long or effectively as in previous years.
Q: How do I know if my dog has joint pain?
A: Dogs that have joint inflammation or arthritis are likely to show signs of joint pain in less dynamic movement, stiffness, a reluctance to exercise, difficulty after rising from rest, or an abnormal gait.
Q: Is joint pain in dogs more common in some breeds than others?
A: Joint pain and inflammation is most common in medium-large pure bred dogs such as German Shepherds, Labradors, Golden Retrievers, Rottweilers and Mastiffs. However, while certain breeds have an increased incidence of hereditary arthritis issues, every breed is susceptible when including environmental factors such as developmental nutrition, activity level and injuries.
Q: How can a joint supplement help my dog?
A: K9 Natu-Joint contains natural supplements that provide key building blocks for maintaining healthy joints as well as the tools for repair in the arthritic dog. K9 Natu-Joint features ingredients to provide natural support for joint function and lubrication – all offered in a liquid form to maximize absorption and impact:
- Hyaluronic Acid – Builds joint viscocity
- Glucosamine HCl – Gives the body additional raw materials used in joint repair
- Chondroitin – Provides structural component of cartilage and provides additional resistance to compression
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) – Adds sulfur to help decrease joint deterioration and to treat arthritis
- Bromelaine – Helps to reduce pain and connective disorders
- Ascorbic Acid – A potent antioxidant that aids in repair and growth of tissue and collagen formation
- Mussell – Helps to reduce inflammation
- Shark Cartilage – Inhibits angiogenesis